Lucent Family Eye Care ReOpening & Offering Appointments!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and doctors is our first priority. Our team will continue to go above and beyond the expectations for optometry practices so that everyone who enters our practice will feel safe. We are sure that you are well aware of the concerns about COVID-19, and we would like you to know the steps we are taking. These measures include, but are not limited to:
An Expectations Checklist—For All of Us
Precautions You should Be Taking
- All eye exams will be by appointment. Walk-ins will not be allowed.
- All patients will be asked COVID-19 screening questions upon arrival at the practice.
- No paperwork – information will be gathered verbally upon arrival.
- We ask that you arrive at your appointment alone unless you are a minor and require adult supervision then we will allow one caregiver inside with the child.
- Patients may be asked to wait in their car for their appointment, depending on how many people are in the practice at any given time
- We ask that upon entering our clinic, that you immediately wash your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer.
- Anyone who enters the building will be required to wear a face mask. If a patient does not have a mask, we will have some available by donation.
- We may ask you to leave the office if you show flu-like signs, cold/fever, or coughing.
- Staff will not shake hands with any of our patients. Please don’t take it personally. 🙂
- We will be practicing safe distancing within the clinic and we ask that you do your best to keep a minimum of 6 feet between you and other patients.
- Coming out to your car to dispense glasses and contact lenses if preferred (curbside pickup).
Steps Our Practice is Taking
- Staggered appointments in the schedule to reduce the traffic in the office at any one time.
- Our staff may also require patients to wait outside for a short while if there are too many patients in the office at one time.
- Hand sanitizers are placed around the office.
- Plexiglass shields are installed at our reception area and also in the doctor’s exam room.
- Our doctors and staff wear face masks and face shields while helping you.
- Spread-out patient chairs in the optical and reception area.
- Examination surfaces are thoroughly disinfected between each patient.
- We will disinfect frames after a patient has contact with them.
- The exam room and pretesting instruments will be disinfected after every patient.
- We will be aware of common “touchpoints” within the clinic such as doorknobs, counters, keyboards, phones, credit card machines, pens, etc. and will be disinfecting these as often as possible.
- All reading material has been removed from the waiting area.
- No signatures on credit card receipts – touchless transactions when possible.
- Deep cleaning at the end of each day.
- Follow up phone calls or telehealth video conferencing will be used as often as possible.